>>>News Center >>June 2009            

Important and kind reminder¡­

Report of foreign bank & Financial Accounts (Form TD F 90-22.1, commonly referred as FBAR)

Who needs to file?
1) Any US person who has financial interest in or signature authority or other authority over one or more financial accounts in a foreign country and the total aggregate value of the account or accounts exceeds $10,000 at any time during the calendar year.

When to file?
By June 30 each year.2008 report is due on June 30, 2009. No extension is granted.

Where to file?
Mail to the following address:

U.S. Department of the Treasury
P.O. Box 32621
Detroit, MI 48232-0621

Where can you get the form and instructions?
Please find attached a blank form and instructions or log on to the IRS website: www.irs.gov

IRS Reminds Taxpayers to Report Certain Foreign Bank and Financial Account:


More questions and answers from IRS website:

Please feel free to contact us for more information:
1040 Consulting Services Co., Ltd.
www.1040-cn.com /Shanghai office: (021) 6267-0393 / Beijing office: (010) 5923-1099

State Administration of Taxation
Beijing Local Taxation Bureau
Shanghai Taxation Bureau